Friday, December 12, 2008

Dreary Days

Winter is upon us and I find myself recovering from a severe case of bronchitis. I just found out that I will be laid off from my job for a month so I guess I will have a chance for full recovery. I am new to this whole blogging experience but since I now have a month of "free time", I will be able to get into the swing of things. I am currently waiting for my husband to come home from work, doing laundary, blogging, and trying to breath. Quite alot to do at one time-I'm exhausted!! Christmas is coming too soon! I have yet to put up our tree or any decoration for that matter. Shopping is not yet finished and I wonder why all the fuss. Christmas is a celebration of Christ's birth! When did it become so commercialized that stores start selling Christmas supplies before Thanksgiving?! Me thinks we have lost sight of what is truly important not only at Christmas but in our every day lives. When will the madness end?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, my dear sista, to the world of blogging. I think you will love it since you enjoy writing. I know I do! Love your profile picture, its so you! Can't wait till we can get together next weekend. Hope you feel better soon. Drink lots of fluids, eat lots of veges and fruits, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. Love ya lots with BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title of your blog. Hope to see you post soon.

    ReplyDelete